What are the most common benefits/cons of The Mobile Stairlift vs. the others?
- Installation - With the Mobile Stairlift, there is no installation process. So if you don't want to install expensive and unsightly stair tracks, then this is the solution for you!
- Timing - Ready to use out of the box, so you don't have to wait for weeks or months to complete an installation process-- just charge the battery and turn it on!
- Cost - This is a much more affordable (and adaptable) alternative to installable stairlifts and is fraction of the price of other detached trackless stairlifts.
- Comfortability - This is the only "Car-To-Bed" solution on the market: with the Mobile Stairlift, the rider can get in the chair at the car and be carried upstairs and all the way to bed without unbuckling the safety belt. There's no sitting down getting up, sitting down getting up at every turn of the way.
- Portability - The Mobile Stairlift folds small enough to fit in most trunks, so when it comes to where you can take it, the sky’s the limit-- Take it wherever you go!
Can the rider operate the Mobile Stairlift alone?
No, the rider cannot operate the Stairlift alone.
As a company policy we recommend that one person operates the chair from the handlebar, and one person stands below the rider for maximum safety, however most customers have told us that they prefer operating the chair with just 1 person assisting the rider.
Are there any specific requirements for someone to operate this?
Operator should be in good physical health. We recommend operator should be between the ages of 20-70
How much space do I need on the landings?
When going from one flight of stairs to another flight of stairs, we recommend a landing of minimum 44" x 44" to adequate room to land and make the turn.
When going up or down a single flight of stairs we recommend 40" for the top landing, and 38" for the bottom landing.
Does the operator in the back of the chair have to walk backwards on the stairs?
Yes, the chair folds up small enough to fit in most trunks, and is meant to be taken wherever it is needed!
Will this work on carpeted stairs? How about Wood, Cement etc.?
Yes, this will work on carpeted stairs as well, but only if the carpet is fully attached to the stairs. Whilst if it is just a throw or a runner, it will slip under the tracks.
This chair will work indoors and outdoors alike. Cement, Wood, Iron and all types of stairs.
How about round staircases?
No. This is not going to work on round staircases at all. We are currently working on a special model that will work on round staircases as well.
How long will the battery last? Are replacements available for purchase?
When used in a non-commercial form, such as in house and residential, the battery will last up to 3 years. Replacement batteries are available for purchase!
What is your warranty policy?
We have a full 1 year policy on the entire chair for any damage caused by manufacturing malfunction, and a 2 year policy for replacement parts.
Is it really 14 day money back trial? Who pays for return shipping? How much?
Yes, total money refund when you return the chair to us.
You may have to pay the return shipping, as we already pay the original shipping to you. This will cost approximately $60-90 depending which state you ship from.
Please keep the original packaging materials throughout your trial period, as we cannot accept any return without it's original box and packaging protection.
Do you offer wholesale pricing for DME shops?
Yes we do, please email or call us for more details.
Do you accept insurance?
We currently don't, but we are working on this, so hopefully we'll get there soon.
What are the exact dimensions of the chair?
Folded Up: 20" Wide x 40" Tall x 12" Depth
Set Up Operational Mode: 20" Wide x 62" Tall x 42" Depth
Net Weight: 62 Lb
Max Stair Height: 12" Riser
[Average Stair Riser in the USA is 7.75"]
Max Slope Angle: 45°
[Average Stair Slope Angle the USA is 32°]
What is the seat height?
20" - For easy transitioning from an average chair.
Got a Question? Please contact us!